Filing a lawsuit without a litigation lawyer in Clearwater and Largo can often prove futile. A lawsuit is complicated, and best handled by someone familiar with the federal court system. A litigation lawyer provides advice and experience every step of the way, starting at filing, and ending at a final court judgment or settlement agreement. An attorney can argue your case in front of a jury, or work with opposing counsel to create a fair settlement plan that is acceptable to both sides.
If you are considering filing a lawsuit, you will want to consult a litigation lawyer first. A litigation lawyer will help you throughout the entire process, including:
- Pre-Trial: In preparation for the trial, your litigation lawyer in Clearwater and Largo will consult with you, find expert witnesses, and develop a trial strategy.
- Pleading: An attorney will draft motions and pleadings that state your case, and fulfill the legal requirements for bringing a lawsuit.
- Discovery: The process of the parties exchanging information through discovery is expensive and time-consuming. Your attorney will know what to look for in this information to build a better argument for you.
- Trial: Although many lawsuits are settled before going to trial, you want to make sure you have an experienced lawyer on your side. They will identify the strengths and weaknesses of your argument, develop strong persuasive techniques, and prepare witnesses.
- Settlement: In order to reduce the expense and stress of appearing in court, most cases are settled prior to trial. Your attorney will take an active role in negotiations, participate in mediations, and write settlement materials on your behalf.
- Appeal: If you are unhappy with the outcome of your trial, there are many different steps you can take. Your attorney will be able to handle all appeals and post-trial motions in order to attempt to gain a favorable result for you.
Participating in a lawsuit without someone who is familiar with the system is like going into an exam without studying. Proper preparation is critical. Hiring a qualified litigation lawyer in Clearwater and Largo like Larson & Larson will greatly increase your chances of success. To schedule a consultation, call today at 727-546-0660.