If your patent is violated right before your eyes, a litigation lawyer can take your side to help you resolve the matter in Tampa. Do not allow someone to get away with intellectual property theft without paying their due. The team at Larson and Larson is experienced with resolving unjust matters on a state, federal, and international level. If you have just cause to believe that your intellectual property rights have been infringed, let us help you face the problem head-on.
What Is Litigation?
Are you wondering what will happen once you decide to file a patent infringement complaint? Infringement cases are typically expensive, time-consuming, and intrusive. Pursuing legal action may be intimidating, but taking action may be worth the effort. If you do not, you lose the opportunity to capitalize on your patent and save your reputation. Your litigation lawyer in Tampa will take your case through a process involving a series of steps while following the rules of civil procedure.
The goal is to resolve your matter with a fair settlement. If an agreement cannot be reached through negotiation to arrive at a fair settlement, your attorney will proceed to take your case to trial. Here is a brief overview of what you can expect during the patent lawsuit process.
- Your attorney files the complaints alleging the patent infringements with a U.S. district court.
- A process server serves the complaint and summons on the defendant.
- The defendant answers your complaint by either admitting or denying each of the allegations filed against them. Typically, they defend their actions by claiming patent invalidity, alleging non-infringement, or asserting counterclaims.
- The next step involves fact and expert discovery, one of the most time-consuming and complex aspects of the process. During this stage, both parties file summary judgment motions of no infringement and proceed with other motion practices.
- Finally, a pretrial briefing occurs, followed by the trial, if required.
The wisest thing to do is hire a qualified Tampa litigation lawyer, because patent infringement procedures are complex. With the help of a professional, you can take your complaint from start to fair settlement with ease.
Have Questions? Talk to a Litigation Lawyer at Larson and Larson Today!
The team at Larson and Larson has a proven track record of helping clients through the complicated patent infringement process. If you are dealing with violations of your intellectual property rights, do not take chances. Instead, call a qualified litigation lawyer in Tampa at 727-546-0660 to discuss your case today.