There are many benefits for both companies and individuals in the Clearwater and Largo areas to enter into licensing agreements. When you have intellectual property that needs to be protected, it is important you know which attorney you can trust to get the job done correctly. The fact that these documents can often be lengthy, complicated, and wordy tends to throw some people off or make them think the agreement is not worth it. But when you call Larson and Larson, you can rest assured we will make the process easy and stress-free while still providing you with the best service possible.
The process of protecting intellectual property, obtaining a copyright, or establishing a trademark can be a confusing and drawn-out ordeal. However, often times licensing agreements need to be completed as part of a copyright or trademark application. This is why you should consider hiring an attorney to handle these matters in the Clearwater and Largo area. Attempting to navigate these procedures without the help of a skilled professional may lead you into a complicated legal mess. Save yourself the headache and give Larson and Larson a call.
It is also important to understand the various kinds of license agreements you can obtain when you work with us at Larson and Larson. There are many different types of licensing agreements we offer to our clients in the Clearwater and Largo areas, including:
- Copyright agreements. These types of agreements include rights for original creative works, from books to music to works of art. Copyright law gives the author of a work the right to control the reproduction and distribution of the work, as well as performance and public display.
- Trademark agreements. Trademarks are words, phrases, or symbols that identify and distinguish goods or services. A trademark attorney can assist in registering the trademark with the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO). These types of licensing agreements will allow you to control how others use or display your trademarks.
- Patent agreements. Patents help grant protection to the owner of an invention so it cannot be made, used, or distributed by someone else. Our Patent attorneys help a variety of Clearwater and Largo businesses or inventors license inventions.
It is always helpful to know what to should expect from a good Clearwater and Largo area lawyer. These types of documents usually cover:
- The scope and duration of the agreement;
- Territorial restrictions;
- Royalty rates / calculations;
- Quality-assurance requirements; and
- Which party will maintain control of patents, trademarks, or copyrights.
At Larson & Larson, we make it a priority to be as extensive and detail-oriented in our licensing agreements as possible. We apply our skills and knowledge because loopholes and mistakes are inexcusable. Our professionals are courteous and patient, as we know legal jargon and lengthy documents can be difficult to decipher. We will do our best to make sure the agreement you enter into is a comprehensive one that makes you feel comfortable.
Before hiring a licensing agreement lawyer, there are a handful of questions to consider asking. This will ensure you get the most out of their services, and that they are knowledgeable about your situation. Some of these questions include:
- How many agreements like mine have you handled?
- Who can I contact if I have questions or issues with my agreement? What is the best way to reach them?
- Are there any weaknesses, loopholes or other possible issues you could see being present in my agreement?
- What do I do if I believe the agreement has been breached?
- These are just some questions that can help you gain more insight into your contract.
At Larson & Larson, we treat every client with the utmost care and respect. Our attorneys in Clearwater and Largo have the knowledge and education to successfully navigate any type of licensing agreement. Our skilled professionals are able to walk you through the process of licensing. Do not hesitate to give us a call at (727) 546-0660.