When it comes to protecting your intellectual property, you want to have the best Clearwater litigation attorney on your side. No matter if you need assistance with patents, trademarks, copyrights, unfair competition, or licensing, you should feel secure that you have the best lawyer fighting for your intellectual property rights. The best way to accomplish this is to meet with multiple lawyers and ask them questions before officially retaining them. Do not ever feel embarrassed about questioning them. You do not want to find out halfway through the case that they have never tried a case like yours before!
Here are some helpful questions to ask a litigation attorney:
- How many cases like mine have you handled and won? You want to know how many total cases they have had, compared to how many they have won in order to accurately see how prepared they are.
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of my case? A skilled Clearwater litigation attorney will be able to look over the details of your case and know the potential problems and favorable facts.
- Who will handle my case? Will the person you meet with be lead counsel, or are there others? Will your case be delegated, and to whom, and who will your main contact person be? These are all helpful things to know.
- What is the likely outcome? This is an important question to ask because it will show you how realistic this attorney is. You should not trust a lawyer that promises a positive outcome right away. There are very few guarantees in litigation.
- What else do I need to know? Asking this will give you even more insight into what it will be like working with this lawyer. You want to hire someone that takes the time to make sure you completely understand everything.
When it comes to hiring a litigation attorney in Clearwater, finding someone that you feel comfortable with to represent you is paramount. At Larson and Larson, we specialize in maintaining our clients’ legal intellectual property rights by offering high quality legal services. For more information, or to schedule a consultation, call Larson and Larson today at 727-546-0660.