Hiring the right St. Petersburg patent infringement lawyer to represent you can make a huge difference to the outcome of your case. With so many attorneys out there claiming they are the best choice, how can you differentiate? An initial consultation is a time when you can sit with the attorney and discuss your case. Many people are under the impression that these consultations are only for the attorney to decide if they want to take your case, but this isn’t true. These meetings allow them to learn more about you, and allow you to see if you want to hire them as well.
These initial consultations give you a chance to ask the St. Petersburg patent infringement lawyer some questions to get to know them better. It is imperative that you feel comfortable with them, since your future will depend on how competent they are. Some questions to ask during the consultation are:
- Have you handled many cases like mine? What is your success rate? You want someone that has experience working on cases like yours.
- Who is my point of contact? You will most likely have questions throughout the course of the case, and you should know who to go to with these inquiries.
- Is my case strong? You want to hire a St. Petersburg patent infringement lawyer that is going to thoroughly evaluate your case and advise you of the strengths and weaknesses in your case.
- How will decisions be made? Will you be involved in the major decisions? As a case that can affect your business, you should know you will be actively involved in your case.
- What is the cost of patent infringement litigation? It is important to understand the legal fees, costs, and administrative fees involved in patent infringement. In addition, to properly budget the litigation costs, it is important to understand how litigation will affect the time you devote to your business.
- What else should I know? This will give the attorney a chance to tell you more about themselves, and will let you get to know them better. It is rare that you will have covered every single detail about your case, so this is their time to fill in any blanks.
If you need a patent infringement lawyer in St. Petersburg, visit us at Larson and Larson today. We have the necessary qualifications to get you the fairest outcome possible. We represent both plaintiffs and defendants, and we can help you. To schedule a consultation, call us today at 727-546-0660.