Larson Patent Law Intellectual Property Litigation Attorneys in Largo & Clearwater specialize in patent, trademark, copyright, and unfair competition law. We provide legal counseling and services, and help our clients acquire patents, trademarks, and copyrights. We represent plaintiffs and defendants in Florida State Courts and in the U.S. Federal Courts, including the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals and the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida. We also serve as local counsel for national law firms representing clients in the Florida courts. Our areas of legal expertise include:
Patents protect new inventions for products or methods, such as chemical compounds, machinery, electronics, or software. U.S. Patents are granted by the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) to protect inventions from being made, used, or sold by others. At Larson Patent Law our intellectual property litigation attorneys help you:
- Ensure that you comply with all the patent rules and regulations for filing and prosecuting a U.S. patent application
- Prepare the documents describing your invention
- Prepare data sheets and assignments for your patent application
- Prepare affidavits and amendments during patent prosecution
- Represent you in front of the Patent Trial & Appeal Board
- Respond to the Board’s objections
- Assist in foreign associations and prosecutions of your patent
- Represent you in litigation matters by enforcing your rights if your patent is infringed upon
- Represent you in litigation matters by defending against allegations of patent infringement
Through every step of the process and litigation, our attorneys can assist in helping you understand the process and developing strategies to increase the likelihood of success. From the drafting of patent documents, to representation in patent litigation, our patent attorneys will be there to assist every step of the way.
A word, symbol, phrase, or design that identifies the source of goods or services constitutes a trademark. A trademark or service mark can be used at any time; however, you cannot use the ® designation until your trademark or service mark is registered with the USPTO. Although you can file a trademark application without the assistance of a legal professional, we advise consulting our Largo & Clearwater trademark attorneys for:
- Searching for the availability of your trademark
- Preparing, filing, and prosecuting the trademark application
- Responding to any objections of the Trademark Examiner
- Representing you in trademark appeals before the Board
- Licensing use of your trademark or service mark to other companies
- Representing you in trademark infringement litigation if another is infringing your trademark
- Defending you in litigation matters alleging trademark infringement
Whether you require assistance in obtaining a trademark, or litigation trademark matters our trademark attorneys and intellectual property litigation attorneys are here to advise and represent you in all trademark matters.
Copyrights grant the owner the right to reproduce, sell, display, publish, perform, distribute, or create derivative products of original works of authorship such as literature, art, music, choreography, paintings, photography, computer software, motion pictures, television broadcasts, and more. The intellectual property litigation attorneys in Largo & Clearwater at Larson Patent Law can assist in the acquisition of a copyright and the enforcement of the copyright.
Our attorneys at Larson Patent Law draft license agreements for our clients who wish to license their patent, trademark, or copyrights. In addition, we assist clients who seek to license the rights of other intellectual property owners so that they may lawfully use other entities intellectual property.
Larson Patent Law maintains relationships with law firms and associates throughout the world, allowing us to assist in obtaining foreign patents and trademarks for our Florida clients. Through our foreign associate network, we are able to obtain the necessary international protection advice and counsel for our clients.