Larson & Larson is a law firm located near Clearwater with patent attorneys who concentrate on patents, trademarks, and copyrights in order to protect your inventions and intellectual property. U.S. Patents are granted by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office to provide inventors with exclusive rights to preclude others from making, using, or selling their inventions. Because our attorneys specialize in patent and trademark law, our attorneys understand the federal laws and international agreements that will secure and preserve your intellectual property rights.
Patent & Trademark laws require a considerable amount of knowledge and attention to ensure applications are accurately filed and properly prosecuted. Larson & Larson has obtained Patents, Trademarks, and Copyrights for clients in the Clearwater area for more than 25 years.
Here are a few of the patent services that Larson & Larson offers:
- Understanding and complying with patent laws and rules for filing and prosecuting U.S. patent applications.
- Preparing detailed specifications describing the inventions disclosed in U.S. patent applications.
- Representing clients before the United States Patent and Trademark office.
- Preparing application data sheets and assignments for individually-owned or jointly-owned patent applications.
- Preparing amendments and affidavits during patent prosecution.
- Representing clients in appeals before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board.
- Preparing drawings for patent applications in compliance with patent rules.
- Assisting foreign associations in patent application filings and prosecutions for inventions seeking international protection.
Our patent attorneys serve the Clearwater area and want you to know that an idea itself is not patentable, instead the product or method is patented. New products, such as software, machinery, electronics, chemical compounds, or simple new products, are all potentially patentable. The claims of your patent define the invention.
With each product application that is submitted to the USPTO, a United States design sheet must be drawn up for each product. This is a detailed final product description with complete specifications of the product. Within the design sheet, it provides a detailed description of the visual ornamental characteristics of the articles appearance and operation of the product for manufacturing purposes.
Larson & Larson specializes in more than patent filing and prosecution. If your patents, trademarks, or copyrights are infringed, Larson & Larson may be able to represent you to enforce your intellectual property rights. Likewise, if allegations of infringement are asserted against you, Larson & Larson may be able to assist in your defense.
Patent owners also have the capability of working with others for sales and manufacturing of their inventions. Prior to hiring a distributor or manufacturer, a patent or trademark license agreement will likely need to be drafted and executed. Our patent attorneys can provide the necessary advice and agreements to license or sell your intellectual property rights to others.
By assuring your inventions and trademarks are properly supported by a complete and accurate application, you can potentially increase your profit margins, market share, and the branding of your business.